|FAQ ID # 259|
|Last Update : 2014/02/27
Rating : Not Rated
Send FAQ by E-mail
Add to favorites
Print this FAQ
Social Bookmark this Article :
|Question / Issue|
|Using the Verizon JetPack 4620L with the LAN-Cell 3 via USB Tether Mode|
|Answer / Solution|
The Novatel MiFi / Verizon Wireless JetPack 4620L (and 4620LE) can be used as a tethered USB modem with the LAN-Cell 3. This setup requires configuration of both the LAN-Cell 3 and the 4620L. Follow the instructions below EXACTLY and IN ORDER.
Note: the 4620L requires LAN-Cell 3 firmware version 1.5.25 or later.
DO NOT ATTACH THE 4620L MIFI TO THE LAN-CELL 3 UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO!
1. Attach the 4620L to the USB port of a Windows PC using a USB cable. Requires a Micro USB A Male to USB A Male cable.
2. Install and run the MiFi 4620 update utility from the link below on a Windows PC with the 4620L attached via the USB cable. This update may take several minutes to complete and your 4620L will restart several times. When complete, disconnect the 4620L from the PC and power cycle the 4620L.
Note: The 4620L USB drivers for Windows can be downloaded from:
3.Connect from a PC via WiFi to the 4620L MiFi device (scan for the MiFi's SSID and then enter http://vz.hotspot into your web browser).
4. Log into the MiFi using the Administrator password shown under the battery cover.
5. Make the following configuration changes:
6. Power cycle the 4620L and connect it via USB to a PC.
7. Re-run the MiFi 4620 update utility but exit the utility once the first screen is displayed. Do not proceed past the first screen.
8. Connect to the LAN-Cell 3 and login to its Web Configuration page.
9. Under Setup>WAN, make these changes:
10. Attach the 4620L to the LAN-Cell 3 using the Micro A to A USB cable.
11. Power on the LAN-Cell 3.
There must be no Wi-Fi devices connected to the 4620L when it is attached to the LAN-Cell. Note that the LAN-Cell will NOT show as an active user on the 4620L's display.
|Direct Link to This FAQ|
|4620 4620L 4620LE MiFi JetPack 4G LTE tether tethered modem Verizon Wireless|