How to Update PocketPORT 2 Firmware|
Firmware Update Instructions (Web GUI)
- Enter Configuration Mode (press the Reset button for 2 seconds and access the PocketPORT at 192.168.1.1:8080).
- At the bottom of the Configuration Screen, click the "Update Firmware" link.
- Use the Browse button to locate the new firmware file that you downloaded above. Then click Upload.
- If the upload is successful, click the Begin Flashing button.
- After several seconds, you should see a confirmation page indicating that the router is rebooting.
- Wait approximately 1 minute and then go back to the Configuration Screen and confirm that the new firmware version is running.
Firmware Update Instructions (USB Drive)
- Download the new firmware (".bin") file and copy it to the "root" level (top) directory of a USB memory stick. There must be no other files ending in ".bin" located in the root directory of the memory stick.
- Insert the USB memory stick in the PocketPORT and apply power.
- After 10-20 seconds, the PocketPORT’s Status LED will rapidly flash violet for approximately 60 seconds.
- Once the Status LED slowly flashes red again, you may remove the USB memory stick.
- Go back to the Configuration Screen and confirm that the new firmware version is running.